Friday, March 16, 2012

Decorating the Studio

   
   During the holidays I get to exercise my creativity once again and decorate the studio. I do what I can to make it inviting and festive for both the parents and students. Easter and spring are one of the last "decorative" holidays until Fall and Halloween. (I don't generally do much for July 4th- although maybe I ought to!)
   One of the fondest memories I have to being very young in school, 1st or 2nd grade or so, were the wonderful paper snowflakes on the windows and the cut-out turkeys we made of our hands. Oh, and I also remember these funny pencil holder cups we made out of orange juice cans, twine, and glitter.
   These memories make me really enjoy decorating the studio. I hope that someday my students remember the pretty decorations at their piano teacher's house!
 


2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog and so glad I did! Your studio space is BEAUTIFUL! Looking at your space makes me long for my own house! I teach out of my apartment in Philadelphia--it's adequate for lessons, but nothing like your space! Plus your decorations are just the cutest! I love that you framed your students' art.... I'm stealing that idea! I can't wait to read your other posts, but right now I'm still drooling over your studio pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww- thanks Stace!
    I'm so thrilled you liked it!! As you can see I like to decorate in 3D. Its so much more interesting than just window clings.... Can I just say that I am absolutely in LOVE with your blog! SO PRETTY!! And your kittes are awesome. We have 2 kitties- 16 and 8. We just rescued the 8yr old from the Humane Assoc in DC 3 weeks ago. I'll look forward to reading your blog.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete