Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting Ready for the Halloween Recital


This week I've been getting ready for my annual Halloween Party/Recital. This is a student-only event, so parents get to just drop off and pick up. I invite a colleague to join with her studio- which adds more to the fun because she usually shows up in a fabulous witch costume!

My students have been playing Halloween games and flashcards, and learning their piece for the party all month and they are "Rock & Roll Ready". They are ALL psyched about it and can't wait! As a piano teacher, it just thrills me to see the students so excited to play their piece for their peers.....no performance jitters around here. This is what piano is all about- sharing your music with others! (Oh, I know they are excited about coming to a party, but they also have said how they can't wait for everyone hear their song.) And I don't blame them- here is some of what we'll hear Saturday night:


Halloween Recital 2012
Jack O’Lantern- Bastien
Goblin’s Dance- Bastien
Witch’s Broom- Mier
The Happy Jack O’Lantern- Bastien
The Halloween Star- Bastien
Noises in the Night- Bastien
The Four O’Clock Ghost- Glover
Linus & Lucy- Gualardi arr. Winner
 Ghost in the Attic- Snell
Goblin’s Gavotte- Gurlitt
Halloween Hayride- Snell
This is Halloween- Elfman 




No comments:

Post a Comment